Turkey Point Lighthouse


On a Rare Friday off, August fifth, 2016, Christine and I went on a road trip to Turkey Point Lighthouse at the end of Elk Neck in Maryland. To access the lighthouse you have to drive to the end of state route 272 in Maryland which is about an hour drive (forty miles) away from Wilmington, Delaware. This is a great location to do drone filming and the walk is pretty easy and just under a mile, they even have two chemical toilets out by the lighthouse. We had to hustle to get to the lighthouse with usable sun, I am looking forward to going back in the fall, hopefully by then I will take some video and also not have to rush so much. There is a small path that leads off the western end of the lighthouse's meadow this leads down to the waters edge and back to the main trail, there are maybe three or four well secluded spots that were occupied by couples as Christine and I walked back to the car having lost the light for Cell Phone photography. When I get more video equipment I think that this will be a place that I return to.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Brandywine Creek in Wilmington

The Maconnaise

The Wines and Domaines of France by Clive Coates MW