Family Week, Day 1

The Pinnacle Overlook in Holtwood, PA one of the most stunning views I have seen in the greater Delaware and Susquehanna Watersheds. This lake was created by the creation of the first hydroelectric dam on the river. I saw one fishing boat go around the wooded island while my family and I were eating a late lunch at the picnic tables.
We should have gotten lunch here, in the heart of downtown Lancaster, this is about thirty minutes north of the Pinnacle overlook and a great place to get fixings for your picnic. We brought food from home since I couldn't remember what the make up of the stores was like. The Central market has a good mix of raw ingredients and prepared food. They have charcoal grills at the Overlook too so you can get really fancy if you want. Lots of good shopping in the immediate vicinity.


This is the door to the Lancaster Visitor center the people who work here are very knowledgeable about the areas tourist attractions. I walked in and asked for a place with picnic tables and a good view and not much walking and they pointed me in the Direction of the Pinnacle overlook. They even gave me a paper map and highlighted the route, though I would have never found it with just that. Thankfully I had good connection with t-mobile and was able to download the map to the overlook with my phone before we set out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Brandywine Creek in Wilmington

The Maconnaise

The Wines and Domaines of France by Clive Coates MW