Whoa Ulcerative Colitis post!


So yeah I got hospitalized again (last time was three years ago) for my Ulcerative Colitis in November which isn't how I want to spend a week in the busiest time of year for the liquor industry. I started to have my flare up when my parents came to visit, in October and I barely kept it together for the month that it took me to check all the boxes to get admitted to the hospital. Though at least now I know how it needs to proceed in case this ever happens again. The moment I start to think that it is a real flare up I need to start making appointments with the GI doctor and not think that if I control my diet I can get back to something like normalcy. I ended up on a new biological medication remicade which is shockingly expensive but thankfully I have real cadillac insurance through work so I am okay with the fact that each dose of my medication is twenty thousand dollars and I need six doses a year, hopefully with the repeal of the ACA I won't end up on a plan with a lifetime limit since then I will be trying to emigrate to a country with socialized medicine. I am pretty sure that as long as the company keeps offering the health insurance that the ownership uses to the whole staff there won't be a lifetime limit since I am sure that they wouldn't want to have to foot the bill for a premie baby.

Here is a little video I made just a couple of days out of the hospital if it seems like I am a walking zombie it is because I lost thirty pounds during the flare up, and I was tremendously exhausted. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Brandywine Creek in Wilmington

The Maconnaise

The Wines and Domaines of France by Clive Coates MW