Patrick O'Brian


I have always liked sailing ever since I spent a summer with my local sea scout troop, getting my small boat sailing merit badge in boy scouts and hanging around the Newport Beach Sea Base scouting facility pretty much continually until the siren song of teenage romance called me away.

So lately I discovered the joys of sailing videos on YouTube and I started to read books about sailing originally I read books by solo circumnavigators such as Bernard Moitessier's The Long Way and John Kretschmer's books and then I discovered the historical fiction of the great age of sail by Patrick O'Brian. I still read a lot of nonfiction books by sailors but I absolutely devour the Aubrey/Maturin books, I dare anyone to stop after the third novel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Brandywine Creek in Wilmington

The Maconnaise

The Wines and Domaines of France by Clive Coates MW