Ulcerative Colitis

I suffer from a chronic autoimmune disorder called Ulcerative Colitis it causes inflammation of the lower intestines. Stress is likely the biggest trigger that I have but I need to keep a detailed food diary to try and track my symptoms moving forward and hopefully find out what sort of food triggers the condition so that I can avoid this outcome.



I lost nearly thirty pounds this flare up which is a considerable amount of weight. Only another 30 pounds to go till I am no longer "overweight" by BMI...

The goal is to not end up in the hospital, the plan to do that next time I have a flare up is to immediately contact my GI doctor when the symptoms start and engage all of my medical professionals the moment I have something like this happen. I waited nearly 2 weeks trying to fix it myself before I contacted the GI doctors after I tried to check into the hospital. Then I had a four day wait for an appointment with my GI doctors and then another week before I had my Flex Sigmoidoscopy (a baby colonoscopy) and the doctor realized that I need to be admitted for my inflammation.

Another strange thing that I heard this time was that I "looked to good" to be really ill, I was showering twice a day and trying to stay as clean and presentable as possible; I wonder if that kept me out of the Hospital. I am not going to try to look rougher to get admitted sooner but I am going to protest when I hear "but you look good" from a doctor. Dinner should be here soon, I got moved to a low residue diet which is a last step before they release you back into the wild.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Brandywine Creek in Wilmington

The Maconnaise

The Wines and Domaines of France by Clive Coates MW